On 3/31/2013 8:54 PM, Erich Dollansky wrote:
I have had only one problem with this description. I could not boot
from a GPT setup on my machine done as described there. But I have a
disk done with PCBSD based on 9.0 which booted well. I cannot tell you
if this is a problem caused by a later chance on the side of FreeBSD.

Did you make sure to install the gpt bootloader instead of the standard bootloader? I believe I have the gptzfsboot, so I have no UFS partitions and everything's partitioned with GPT. There's no guarantee it will fix it, bios quirks happens.