---- Original Message ----
From: Beeblebrox <zap...@berentweb.com>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Sent: Wed, April 3, 2013 10:50:55 AM
Subject: Re: [ZFS] recover destroyed zpool - what are the available options?

Volodymyr, thank you very much for answering.

A strange problem is that ZFS thinks the pool is on-line:
# zpool list
NAME    SIZE  ALLOC   FREE    CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
bsdr       -      -      -      -      -  FAULTED  -

So when I try to import, it objects. I can think of 2 things to do:
a- export the pool first, then re-import
b- Disconnect the original hdd / create pool bsdr on another hdd@s small gpt
partition / re-connect the original hdd / somehow force the import or add
the original pool to the newly created bsdr pool, and maybe the original
data will come back on line??

What would you suggest?  Thanks again.

What does "gpart show" return?

Are all the pool members there and working?

My guess is that one member is missing or a mbr is bad.

I have used the zfs import function with good results.