On Sun, 2013-04-07 at 07:44 -0400, Jerry wrote:
> You hear FreeBSD users who claim
> that they never use Flash, which in itself is an interesting
> statement.
> If it doesn't work, then obviously you cannot take advantage of it. I
> suspect at least 50% of them are liars. The rest are more than likely
> expressing their "sour-grapes" wrath.

No, I guess at least for media players you're mistaken. I was born in
1966 and a lot of people from my generation still own a television set,
turntables etc..

Not seldom I watch several hours television at one day. I guess after
watching 4 hours television, it's not hard to spare flash on the
computer ;).

Yes, you can miss interesting stuff without flash, but you also will
miss interesting things, if you watch too much videos.

In the past I used flash, I tested gnash first, but I preferred the
proprietary thingy. It started as an experiment when I installed Arch
Linux some weeks ago and I noticed that I can live without flash.

However, I only need to run one command to get flash and on Linux AFAIK
it doesn't cause issues until now.

$ yaourt flashplayer
1 extra/flashplugin 11.2.202.275-1
    Adobe Flash Player
2 aur/bin32-flashplayer-standalone 11.2.202.275-1 (5)
    Macromedia standalone flash player (nonfree)
3 aur/flashplayer-standalone 11.2.202.275-1 (134)
    Macromedia standalone flash player (nonfree)
4 aur/flashplayer-standalone-debug 11.2.202.275-1 (7)
    Standalone, debug version of Adobe Flash Player
5 aur/gnash-git 20120122-1 (Out of Date) (3)
    An open source flashplayer - git version
==> Enter n° of packages to be installed (ex: 1 2 3 or 1-3)
==> ^C

I even don't know if I have flash on FreeBSD installed, since I more
often use Linux.