<leeoliveshackelf...@surewest.net> writes:

> Good afternoon, dear FreeBSD enthusiasts.  Is there anyone who has
> attempted to install a TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 p.c.i.-express wireless
> network interface card?  I am using FreeBSD 9.1 on a Hewlett-Packard
> xw4400 workstation.  The card works perfectly under Windows XP.
> However, it seems that the FreeBSD operating system does not even
> recognize the existence of the device; at least, I cannot find any
> mention of it in the dmesg.boot file.  Any and all comments or
> suggestions will be appreciated.  Also, many thanks to those of you
> who have responded to my previous inquiries.  Yours truly, Newby Lee
>
> P.S.  I failed to mention that the integrated circuit is an Atheros AR9380.

When you asked this yesterday, you got the following response:
--- Begin Message ---
[1. text/plain]

You'll need to run -CURRENT instead of 9.1, and all the caveats that
apply.  You'll also need the special HAL that hasn't yet been commited
to -CURRENT.  There are instructions on the freebsd-wireless mailing
list.  I'm using that exact card right now.

Run `pciconf -lv` and you should see it, but there's no driver in 9.1.