Jerry <je...@seibercom.net> writes:

> On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 14:07:30 -0400
> Lowell Gilbert articulated:

No, I didn't. It was part of an attachment in my message.

>> You'll need to run -CURRENT instead of 9.1, and all the caveats that
>> apply.  You'll also need the special HAL that hasn't yet been commited
>> to -CURRENT.  There are instructions on the freebsd-wireless mailing
>> list.  I'm using that exact card right now.
>
> Really off-topic, but HAL is now deprecated on many modern systems. Why
> is FreeBSD continuing to use it? It is being replaced by "udev". You
> would think that FreeBSD-10 would be a perfect time to put HAL to bed
> and take a more modern approach.

udev is tightly tied to the Linux kernel. I understand why you would
refer to Linux as "many modern systems," but it's really not available
on anything non-Linux, and it's so tightly tied to the Linux kernel
device implementation that there's no reasonable way it could be.