You may not want to mirror the boot block. That way you can update one boot block, test it before copying the other. If the new boot block fails to boot, the BIOS should go to the next hard drive and boot the mirror. I don't know if it's possible to detect which drive you're actually booting from to know for sure it worked though. A back up is better than a mirror. With a mirror, you're more likely to fail to boot.