Hi All,

I've been using FreeBSD 4.7 for about 6 months now. I've failed to
understand how to use cvs. Can anyone point me to a web page or other
explanation to use cvs to update:

1) The entire ports collection

2) My currently installed ffmpeg

3) 4.7 to 4.8

Attempts to use cvs update yield the following:

# cvs update ffmpeg
cvs update: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
cvs [update aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.

OK, how the heck does one specify the CVSROOT variable?

I know that man cvs should be helpful, but my predominantly Mac background
has lobotomized the logical lobe in my brain.

Thanks

Joe