I'm personally a fan of a forest-green bike shed myself...

>> It would still just be doing one thing - sleeping.

I agree. Perfect solution fallacy aside, a sleep option with basic time
increments would be useful for real-world purposes. I'm in favor of computing
it as a multiple of seconds as previously outlined. We don't need to contrive
the sleep function for every possible corner case until it's reduced to
something complicated, buggy and unreliable. As long as it doesn't break
existing code, new and useful options are appreciated.

As a programmer, if I say sleep for 1 hour I expect it to sleep for 3600 local
seconds from the time the call is made until it wakes up again without any
absurd gotchas. If the real-world time elapsed is more or less than 3600
seconds due to an internal clock error - fine. That's a different problem
altogether.

My 2 cents.
-Modulok-