On 2013-06-05 22:12, Joseph Mays wrote:
did you already try to access da2 instead of da2s1?

Yeah, tried that early on, got the same result.

root@warehouse:/backups/postgres-02/info # mount_msdosfs /dev/da2 /usb2
mount_msdosfs: /dev/da2: Invalid argument

But just to be fully sure: This is a USB stick / thumb drive, right?

Yes. It's one of several thumb drives that were mounted in the back of
some linux machines at remote sites we help a customer with. The client
is unsure what was on them, but needs to know. We asked them to gather
them up and stick them into usb ports on a freebsd machine we have
access to and manage at their location (in another state). Most of them
I got mounted as either msdosfs, or ufs, or ntfs, or extfs2, and was
able to get the data off them. This thumb drive is one of two holdouts.

If you do a ls /dev/da* What does it show.