On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 4:27 PM, Lowell Gilbert <
freebsd-questions-lo...@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:

> Walter Hurry <walterhu...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Ah, src.conf. That's what I missed!. Thank you so much Gary, and sorry if
> > it was a silly question.
>
> Bear in mind that you're only going to be able to shave a small fraction
> off the build time. by excluding parts of the build. The 'games' section
> in particular has almost nothing in it.

You can save great deal of build time if you don't need much.  Between
limiting what is built for world and kernel, most builds could be cut to a
small fraction of what default is.  For example, WITHOUT_CLANG alone save a
lot of time.  However to get a complete targeted build takes a good deal of
effort.  Usually only makes sense for mass deployments IME.

--
Adam Vande More