On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:08 PM, Surat Sodchuen <carbopol...@gmail.com>wrote:

> thank for your kindness
> i tired that your suggestion but cannot resolve problem.
> for more information ...
> FreeBSD 9.1-Release on HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 128GB of Ram
> every time when booting process it seem freezing about 15 seconds
>
> dmesg look like this
> .
> .
> .
> ACPI Warning: invalid length for Pm1aControlBlock: 32, using default 16
> (20110527/tbfadt-638)
> ACPI Warning: invalid length for Pm1aControlBlock: 32, using default 16
> (20110527/tbfadt-638)
> .
> .
> .
> pci0:3:0:0: failed to read VPD data.
> bge0: <Broadcom unknown BCM5719, ASIC rev. 0x5719001> mem
> 0xfabf0000-0xfabfffff,
> .
> .
> .
> bge0: link state changed to DOWN
> bge0: link state changed to UP
> bge0: link state changed to DOWN
> bge0: link state changed to UP
> bge0: link state changed to DOWN
> bge0: link state changed to UP
> bge0: link state changed to DOWN
> bge0: link state changed to UP
> bge0: link state changed to DOWN
> bge0: link state changed to UP
> bge0: link state changed to DOWN
> bge0: link state changed to UP
> bge0: link state changed to DOWN
> bge0: link state changed to UP
> bge0: link state changed to DOWN
> bge0: link state changed to UP
> bge0: link state changed to DOWN
> bge0: link state changed to UP
>
> when i use a ping command it seem freezing, then after press Enter it show
> --> bge0 watchdog timeout -- resetting
> i think what happen!!! i use FreeBSD on every 4 of DL380 Gen5, but they
> are OK.
>
> on screen now .. showing message
> bge0: 2 link states coalesced
> bge0: 2 link states coalesced
> bge0: 2 link states coalesced
> bge0: 2 link states coalesced
> bge0: 2 link states coalesced
> bge0: 2 link states coalesced
> bge0: 2 link states coalesced

Forwarding to mailing list to keep it in the loop.

It looks like others have run into this issue, and there is an associated
bug report: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=171121

That link contains an explanation of why my suggestion did not help, and a
suggestion to check the firmware of the controllers.. It also looks like
there's a later version of the bge driver by Pyun YongHyeon that didn't
make it into 9.1-RELEASE that might resolve your issue, were you to compile
it yourself.

Regards,
JB