On 09/07/2013 18:52, CeDeROM wrote:
Your VLC/Xorg refresh related problem may be related to invalid Xorg
configuration - please search for hald and xorg autodetectinput - if
you have frozen screen until you move a mouse this is it and you can
solve it relatively easy :-)

A few apps not refreshing their windows while vlc is playing is the only issue I have noticed.

I have AutoAddDevices AutoEnableDevices AllowEmptyInput and RandRRotation on and DontZap and Xinerama off in ServerFlags. If I recall right, hald is handling the input devices, which I need to get the wacom tablet working.