On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 10:36:37 -0400, Jerry wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 14:37:38 +0200
> Polytropon articulated:
>
> > The cdda2wav program is part of the "cdrtools" port.
> > Try updating that one.
>
> Been there, done that, doesn't work. I am considering doing a forced
> update of the xcdroast port and its dependencies via portupgrade.

That seems to be the best choice at the moment. The port's
Makefile contains --with-cdrtools-prefix=${LOCALBASE} which
suggests that the integration of cdrtools / cdda2wav might
already be important at compile time.

Also look at the option "Use xcdroast w/o being root" which
should enable you to use the program without being root (which
is not good in terms of security).

> really hate wasting time like this, but I need the port to work.

This is a typical symptom of "install once, then keep using,
and never touch it again". :-)

> Interestingly enough, this is the output from cdda2wav:
>
> # cdda2wav -version
> cdda2wav 3.00 (amd64-unknown-freebsd8.3) Copyright (C) 1993-2004 Heiko
> Ei�feldt (C) 2004-2010 J�rg Schilling
>
> Defaults: stereo, 16 bit, 44100.00 Hz, track 1, no offset, one track,
>           type: wav filename: 'audio', don't wait for signal, not quiet,
>           use: 'generic_scsi', device:
> 'yourSCSI_Bus,yourSCSI_ID,yourSCSI_LUN', aux: ''
>
> Obviously, it is installed.

Version 3.00 is better than 2.01 (required), so it should work.
But maybe xcdroast isn't just checking binary versions, but
also expects some kind of specific library version? At least
that kind of requirement should be resolved when you recompile
xcdroast _and_ its dependencies.

> The "xcdroast" application suddenly cannot
> locate it though or is not able to properly determine the version
> number. I am thinking of filing a PR against it.

If an upgrade of all involved parts doesn't help, this seems
to be a good thing to do.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany