one specific question I have, that I can't find in the handbook...
To make a FreeBSD release, that is to build the install images... you build
world, and kernel.. then go to /etc/src/release and type make release...
after this, the release images show up in /usr/obj/usr/src/release

What I WANT to know.. is what shell script  or file can I edit, to modify
the install image BEFORE its created... for example say I wanted to add a
line to /etc/rc.conf on the memstick.img file that gets created

I understand that there may be better ways to accomplish this, but editing
/etc/rc.conf is ONLY a example, im trying to find a simple way to create a
"slightly" modified install media for my own internal purposes...
eg: ssh enabled and the ethernet card set to DHCP, so I can remote
install... I am aware of mfsBSD, as well as DruidBSD, however i'm looking
for something simple that I can script.
any help or thoughts is appreciated
--

Sam Fourman Jr.