On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 22:57:27 -0600 (MDT), Warren Block wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Aug 2013, Juris Kaminskis wrote:
>
> > 2013. gada 6. aug. 23:17 "Warren Block" <wbl...@wonkity.com> rakst?ja:
> >       On Tue, 6 Aug 2013, Juris Kaminskis wrote:
> >
> >             after several trials and errors and reading through FreeBSD
> > handbook I am
> >             at dead end on how to proceed further, hope someone can guide
> > me.
> >

> >       Are you sure about that model number?  I can't find specs for a
> > Laserjet 1120M.  There is a Laserjet M1120.  It's a Winprinter.
> >
> >       The file entries are confusing and use some non-base programs.  You
> > may be mixing the base system's lpr/lpd with the CUPS versions of the same
> > names from ports.
> >
> >       For plain lpr/lpd, I have this article:
> >       http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/lpdprinting.html
>
> > Model number: HP LaserJet M1120n MFP
> >
> > I try your how-to in few days as it seems I need to redo whole config. I
> > will post my results, thanks
>
> The Laserjet M1120 is a winprinter, which means it does not understand
> plain text or common PDLs like PCL or PostScript.  There is
> print/foo2zjs in ports, but it's meant to be used with CUPS.  I have not
> tested it.

It seems that a HPLIP interface is available for this printer,
so it should probably work with CUPS and _maybe_ with the
normal means of printing (FreeBSD printer spooler plus a
printer filter that turns PS, the _default_ output language
for printing, into the specific non-standard language that
printer wants to be spoken to in).

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/laserjet/hp_laserjet_m1120_mfp.html

http://foo2xqx.rkkda.com/

I'm using a similar approach for a terrible Samsung color
laserprinter (foo2qpdl-wrapper in my specific case) which
I could easily integrate with the already mentioned CUPS,
as well as the normal system's printer subsystem.

However, I also have not tested if it works for the M1120,
because I prefer to use printers that work, that's why I
don't own such a thing. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany