You might also consider looking at Zebra.  It works very well under FreeBSD
4.x and 5.x and has better protocol support (RIP, RIPNG, OSPF and BGP) than
the old version of gated.

        ---Mike

On Thu, 29 May 2003 14:53:30 -0700, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions you
wrote:

>On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 12:53:17PM +0000, DanB wrote:
>> I have a box running Gated now can you upgrade to version 5 Kernel with
>> the old gated?
>
>It should work..don't forget to install the 4.x compatibility
>libraries and use the kernel compile option.
>
>Kris

Mike Tancsa  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.sentex.net/mike