On 04/09/2013 13:17, Paul Wootton wrote:
On 09/04/13 10:27, Sergey wrote:
Hi all!

Is there a way to create custom ISO without buildworld?
I just want to edit some configs and bsdinstall scripts for silent
automated install - why need to recompile whole world?
It will be great if you'll share some useful links about this process.

Thanks.

Hi,

To create a custom ISO, download the ISO you want to use as your base, use tar to extract the ISO into a new directory, make the changes you want and then run "mkisofs -V FreeBSD9 -J -R -b boot/cdboot -no-emul-boot -o ../freebsd_custom.iso ." from the new directory.
That will create a bootable CD.

(Found in ports/sysutuls/cdrtools)

What I did when making a custom install CD for my server (it's 1000s of miles away in a datacenter) was a slightly different approach. <snip>

Boggle!