Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:16 PM
To: Adam Vande More
Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Network Question

That was easier than I thought. My initial approach already looked
something like
this, except that for the ip address I always put the machine's name as in:

machine1# ssh u...@machine2.example.com

which results in

ssh: Could not resolve hostname machine2.example.com: hostname nor servname
provided, or not known

I think the problem here lies with the /etc/hosts file where machine1 and
machine2 have
to be registered respectively. The thing here is that the ip isn't static
which makes
this approach somewhat difficult to realize.

Got it.

Thanks.