Hi again,

Actually, if you are really at FreeBSD 2.2.8 as your other message
seems to imply, I might be a little cautious about using fdisk in
this way.   More recent versions of fdisk are much more sophisticated
and work well.   I vaguely remember that this might not be so easy
under FreeBSD 2.xxx, though I don't have one around now to check.

Read the man page carefully.

////jerry