I am using openbsd on comcast. Like some other, i too had a windows box ready for the
technician,with a nic already there, once he was able to get a live connection and
left i just switched to my openbsd/pf router. There is some stuff you need to do, such
as punching a hole through your filter to allow the router itsealf to broadcast bootp
request and accept  them from the comcast dhcp server. Change your /etc/resolv.conf to
include the comcast dns server or other internet root servers. set the nic going to
the cable modem to use dhcp.

good luck.