Doron Shmaryahu writes:

Hi,

This happens when natd cant send a packet back to a host. Nothing really to
worry about. If it is happening all the time then start worrying. Could you
give a display of your ipfw ruleset ??

Thanks for replying Doron.

Could it be that natd returns the packet to ipfw, and the ruleset has a "deny" further down? Since the advent of Bugbear-B thre has been a lot of incoming netbious stuff (which I block, but only after natd has had a go at the packet). Perhaps this is the cause?

Anyway, this particular server's ruleset has grown "organically" over about 2 years, so it is rather a mess. I think I need to give it a spring clean, remove the crud, and see how it behaves. I'll come back if I'm still having this problem after that.

Thanks again,
Regards,
Patrick.