Well I'm sitting here typing "date" over and over but she doesn't appear. :)

Actually, I was looking for something more in the output, namely, the GMT
offset such as (-0800 PDT) then I finally noticed that PDT *is* there.

But I can't remember where I specified that!  A grep of PDT in /etc/* and
/boot/* returns nothing relevant.  I also can't remember if this is
something that can be played with in userland, that is, as a postprocessor
(e.g. the tcsh shell using "set" or setenv).  Ideas, from any timezone?

PS - Please CC: me in your reply

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder, Video2Video Services