From: Jaime <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: bad file descriptor
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:06:10 -0400 (EDT)

        Can anyone explain this?  It looks like I can't delete a given
file.  This file has been causing weird errors with just about everything,
including tar, rm, ls -l, etc.  It resides on a vinum RAID-5 array, which
is the only strange thing I can think of about it.

zeus# ls
#pico29506# .login .shrc cdtashirt.jpg
.addressbook .login_conf .spamassassin cdtashirtstitch.jpg
.addressbook.lu .mail_aliases December 2002 Newsletter.docs dead.letter
.aspell.en.prepl .mailrc Documents mail
.aspell.en.pws .pinerc Lawrence.JPG mbox
.aspell.english.prepl .profile October 2002 Newsletter.doc public_html
.aspell.english.pws .qmail.backup.from.cyrus October 2002 Newsletter.doc.
.cshrc .rhosts acker
zeus# rm "#pico29506#"
rm: #pico29506#: Bad file descriptor
zeus# whoami
root

                                                        Thanks in advance,
                                                        Jaime

"To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of arts."
- Henry David Thoreau, _Where_I_Live_