Moti Levy wrote:
well,
it says :
For this to be possible at all, the following requirements must be met for
the root volume:

a.. The root volume must not be striped or RAID-5.

  b.. The root volume must not contain more than one concatenated subdisk
per plex.

and i want :

I want to use all 4 drives as a raid 5 array and use the combined space

Could you please configure your mailer not to break off lines like this. It makes your messages very difficult to read.

In answer to your question, I pose another question:

Do you really need so much space on the root partition that you must stripe it?
Why not just mirror the root partition and then stripe the remaining partitions?
My root partition is only 200M, and that's more than I've ever needed.

If you ABSOLUTELY MUST stripe the root partition, then you are correct, you can't
do it.  Buy a hardware raid card.
I can't see any logical reason for such a requirement, however.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Moran" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>