On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:52:09 -0700 (PDT), jle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The target is actually "depends" with the "s".

But how is that different from 'make install clean'?

*shrug* make depend (without the 's') all install clean has always worked for me. I've used that since FreeBSD 2.1 at least.

I would think if it was depends that it would say something like:

make: don't know how to make depend. Stop

So I assume that depend makes dependencies and all makes all options. I've
never really cared what the targets do individually but that's what I use
to build ports, it always builds the dependencies and I've never had
any problems using it. Maybe it's redundant or superfluous but it works
for me.

It's probably automatic by now, but yeah, you can save yourself a bit of typing by just using

# make install clean

- it builds all dependencies as well as the main port. Portupgrade by itself won't upgrade all the dependencies. You'll want to use the -R option for that.

Jud

Jud