Well, apparently its having the same exact problem each time.

[Thu Jun 19 06:54:57 2003] [alert] mod_unique_id: unable to gethostbyname("arcadia")

arcadia is the name i gave my system on installation when it was on the screen concerning DHCP. Since the computer is on a LAN, i don't exactly have a fully qualified domain name that I'm aware of.... would 192.168.blah.blah work to fill this field? On previous linux systems i've set the name to be poo.poo or something to that effect with no problem.

Thanks for all the assistance so far. I have quite a few things I plan on doing, and they all hinge on getting Apache working.

Regards,

Erik