If you don't need to do it much just build like this:

make patch
<add your change directly to sendbackup-dump.c>
make install clean

If it's something you're doing very frequently you can
poke around the ports tree and you should be able to find
a few examples of ports which conditionally include a patch
based on a make parameter the user passes in.

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]