Hi,

Rev. Joe Doyle Ardent wrote:
Hello, everyone, I have a fairly strange error, that has popped up on both machines where I have used portupgrade (both 4.8-RELEASE boxes). Here is an example output:

please:~> pkg_info |head
BitTorrent-3.2.1b "Peer to Peer file sharing/mirroring."Mesa-3.4.2_2 A graphics library similar to SGI's OpenGL
ORBit-0.5.17 High-performance CORBA ORB with support for the C language
XFree86-4.3.0,1 X11/XFree86 core distribution (complete, using mini/meta-po

Note how Mesa's entry begins immediately after the last character of BitTorrent's.
> [...]

While I actually don't know why the terminating newline is missing in some cases I noticed that there was an MFC to RELENG_4 a couple of days ago that makes 'pkg_info' add a newline if the comment line doesn't have one. You may want to take a look at FreeBSD's CVS repository (src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/info/show.c) in order to build and install a fixed 'pkg_info'.

Or if it doesn't happen often you could just as well edit the respective '+COMMENT' file in the '/var/db/pkg' hierarchy. The pragmatic approach. ;-)

   Uwe
--
Uwe Doering         |  EscapeBox - Managed On-Demand UNIX Servers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://www.escapebox.net