I need to apply some security patches to my FreeBSD(i386) 4.7-RELEASE box and I am concerned about the possibility that I could actually harm my system while trying to apply this patches. (I am not a Unix guru actually)
1) Do I have to apply the security patches in a specific order?
2) Is there a chance were a patch requires a previous one? (In my case some patches are not applicable)
3) What if the code is not in the state that the patch requires? (For instance if I have updated that port)
4) Are the patches clever enough to protect me from harming my system?
5) Is there a safe way to undo a patch?
Thank you very much for your time Jim Xochellis
_______________________________________________ [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"