william nova wrote:
I was using Apache 2 on Windows 2003 server.

I had 2 virtual hosts running, using no-ip for DNS resolution along with a
NO-IP referral entry for each (since my ISP blocks port 80)

The virtual hosts config portion of httpd.conf looked like:

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\site1"
ServerName site1.no-ip.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\site2"
ServerName site2no-ip.com
</VirtualHost>

Very simple. And it worked.

Now I'm using Apache 1.3.27_4 on FreeBSD 4.8

I am trying to recreate the
same exact configuration on my new box.   It just won't work, even though
the config is identical, barring the path to the files.

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data/site1
ServerName site1.no-ip.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data/site2
ServerName site2.no-ip.com
</VirtualHost>

This looks fine to me. Exactly what mine looks like.. only a few more domains. Take a look at the httpd* logs in /var/log as you try to navigate to the pages. Make sure the permissions are correct. Make sure that you aren't getting any warnings when you start httpd.
Sorry, that's probably not very helpful ;)

--Charlie