Schroeder, Aaron wrote:

I had a similar problem. If I remember correctly ruby rebuild fixed it for me.

Lukasz

Hello,

I originally sent this to ports, but I think questions is the proper group.

This is probably a trivial fix on my end, but I have never run into this before. When I am trying to do a portupgrade -ra, or a pkgdb -F, I get a "closed stream" message and then the portupgrade kicks me back to the command prompt. Here is my system info:

FreeBSD diabloii.qg.com 5.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE #1: Mon May 15
13:55:57 CDT 2023     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DIABLOII
alpha

Here is the output of the portupgrade/pkgdb commands:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# portupgrade -ra
closed stream
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# pkgdb -F
closed stream
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#

I have recently cvsup-ed (last couple days), but this has been a problem for
me for a few weeks now. If anyone has any insight on this issue, help would
be much appreciated.

Thanks,

AJ Schroeder

P.S. Please cc me as I am not on the list.