I'm running 4.8 and XF86 Version 4.2.1.

DPMS isn't working right on my new machine (ASUS A7A266 motherboard).

1.  The monitor is capable of doing DPMS
2.  DPMS works fine when the monitor is just displaying a text console
3.  DPMS does not work from X
4.  I have checked my /etc/X11/XF86Config file, Options "DPMS" is in the
monitor section.
5.  xset q says
DPMS (Energy Star):
  Standby: 1200    Suspend: 1800    Off: 2400
  DPMS is Enabled
  Monitor is On
6.  Everything seems to just blank the screen, but never powers off the
monitor:
  xset dpms force off
the screen goes blank, but the monitor does not power off.
7.  I have tried many different DPMS settings in my BIOS and I think it
should be okay.

Any guesses?  Thanks.