In the last episode (Jun 25), Marc G. Fournier said:
> has anyone worked with this?  we can get it to work fine on a
> desktop, but as soon as we try to do anything with it inside of jail,
> auth fails and the errors don't help much :(

Try ktracing or trussing the login process; maybe it's trying to do
something a jailed root user can't do, and the pam stuff isn't checking
for it because it doesn't expect it to ever fail?

I've used pam_ldap to authenticate to a Novell server, but have never
tried it in a jail.  You might want to try that if you can't get
pam_ascauth working.

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]