At 06:54 PM 6/26/03, you wrote:
[admin wrote ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) on 6/26/03 3:57 PM]

>> Zope looked to me like overkill for my needs, and I don't really
>> want a blog site.
>>
> Roger,
>
> thanks for the heads up here.  what is a blog site?

Zope can be as big or small as you need and is certainly in no way limited
to weblogs.

Well, thanks for telling me. If I have time I'll take another look at it, but I was frankly daunted by their website. I got the impression that zope was primarily designed for weblogs and outside news feeds, and it seems to be *big*. The intranet I'm trying to set up will have pretty static content, but I want to use a content management system to make it easier for the teachers to update their course outlines and homework assignments.

Incidentally, I wanted to emphasize that my problem (mentioned earlier) with MkDoc was due to my own lack of skills. I think if I'd had more time to play with my /etc/hosts file and my http.conf I could have had it working. I don't think there's any problem with MkDoc, and it looks really good. I liked their default templates, and they claim to strongly implement the W3C standards for accessibility.

-- Roger