Odd, but the soo simple solution which however I can't explain was to do
a:

route add default 192.168.0.1

(192.168.0.1 is my gateway)

If someone can explain how the system could work for a while after the
route daemon was started and then suddenly forget all routing tables it
would be great, however it works for me know so I'm pleased again! ;)