Hello,

On the same note, will *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_8 work to update from 4.4 Release to 4.8 Stable?

Gregory Norman

On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 10:41 AM, Lowell Gilbert wrote:

Christoph Kukulies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I wanted to cvsup src-all from 4.8-STABLE and tried with
*default release=cvs  tag=RELENG_4

Is this correct?

Either that or RELENG_4_8, where the latter only gets absolutely critical fixes.

The cvsup went fine but building the src tree resulted in
errors.

First I got some from some multiply defined typedef (first make world).

You mean "make buildworld"? If not, please try the recommended procedure before asking for help.

Then I did a 'make includes' FWIW, and the subsequent make world then gave
a different error:

In file included from /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/texinfo/info/../../../../contrib/texinfo/info/terminal.
c:35:
/usr/include/termcap.h:42: ncurses_dll.h: No such file or directory
mkdep: compile failed
*** Error code 1

I could have a tainted installation with traces from 5.0R but I thought that a cvsup would wipe them out in /usr/src and /usr/include as well.

In the former, only if you had "adopted" the source tree first (see the cvsup faq). In the latter, no, not necessarily.

Moving from 5.x to 4.x through a source "upgrade" is going to be a bit
tricky, even for experts.  Cleaning out the stuff that no longer
applies is definitely part of the problem.