On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 19:49:20 -0700 (PDT)
RexFelis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here's what I did.  I copied the contents of
> /etc/ppp from my Linux partition to my Windows
> partition and then compared each corresponding
> file to it's freebsd counterpart.  And what I
> found was that my resolv.conf files were
> different - the DNS nameserver address had been
> changed under Linux!

Although using a Windows FAT32 partition is one way to share data
between Linux and FBSD, if you're recompiling your FBSD kernel you might
consider adding support for the Linux ext2 filesystem. You need a line
like this in your kernel source:

  options               EXT2FS

You'll get a quaint warning about how you are about to "contaminate"
your kernel with GPL code. Nevertheless, it will compile fine, and after
installing the new kernel you'll be able to mount ext2 and ext3
partitions from FBSD. The advantages of not using FAT32 includes, among
other things, allowing you to preserve permissions when moving files
between FBSD and Linux.

regards,
Robert