Jamie wrote:
    I am trying to install sendmail-sasl from ports, but it is installing
the new sendmail in /usr/local. I would like the port install to overwrite
the existing sendmail. Is there any way to pass an option to my make when
I build the ports? I don't see any options for that in the makefile, but
perhaps I am reading it wrong. Thanks,

You might be able to do to a "make PREFIX=/usr" and see whether that gets you the right path. You can also tell the system to recompile sendmail against the SASL library so that a "make buildworld/installworld" won't overwrite this.

Change /etc/make.conf to add something like this:

#SENDMAIL_CFLAGS+=   -I/usr/local/include -DSASL=2
#SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS+=  -L/usr/local/lib
#SENDMAIL_LDADD+=    -lsasl2

--
-Chuck