On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 09:10:32AM -0400, Kenneth Culver wrote:
>> I've read that there are multiple kernels for BSD. What does FreeBSD
>> use? Can I swap it out for other kernels? Or am I mistaken?
>
>FreeBSD uses the FreeBSD kernel. You can recompile it using the source for
>the FreeBSD kernel, but it is the only kernel that works with FreeBSD.

Perhaps there's some confusion with OS X which starts life as FreeBSD, but
uses a mach kernel.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.

``The who nation is interested that the best use shall be made of these
[new] territories.  We want them for the homes of free white people''
        -- Abraham Lincoln, Octobe 16, 1854