I just installed FreeBSD5.0-RELEASE and I'm trying to set up my internal PCI modem for dial-up internet connection. The modem is a Diamond Multimedia SupraMax 56i, and it's not being detected. I've played around with /boot/device.hints and the kernel configuration, and I have no idea how to get FreeBSD to detect my modem. I don't know whether or not it's a winmodem, I don't think it is. If it turns out that setting this modem up will eventually be a futile effort, please help me out in choosing a modem that will work for sure.

Thanks,
Brandon Beamer