On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 03:10:55PM -0400, Nucking Futs wrote:
> I'm trying to set up user accounts so that they can not view any further
> than their home directory.  At the very least I don't want them to be able
> to do a cd .. and view /usr/home and view the other user accounts
> information. How would I set this up so they couldn't view other user
> accounts or preferably any other part of the system.

- you could use bash -r (restricted bash)
- or chroot(8), on google i found the following article:
  http://www.tjw.org/chroot-login-HOWTO/ this how to is for linux
  but it should work on freebsd to.
- if you just want to restrict access to other users home
  dir's, creating a group per user and chmod 750 the users home
  dir should be sufficient.

hth,
toni
--
Behandle die Menschen, als wären sie, was sie sein | toni at stderror dot at
sollten, und du wirst ihnen helfen, zu werden, was | Toni Schmidbauer