On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 01:54:36PM -0700, Rich Morin wrote:

> The crontab(5) man page, however, says nothing about any differences in
> the file formats.  Instead, it appears to describe only the format that
> is used in /var/cron/tabs/* files.
>
> I would like to know precisely how the format of /etc/crontab differs,
> but I can't find any man page that addresses this.  Help?

The /etc/crontab is largely self-documenting.  It is similar to the
format of the other crontab files, and includes a comment line:

#minute hour    mday    month   wday    who     command

What further information do you need?

--
  Paul Chvostek                                             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Operations / Abuse / Whatever