On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 12:15:06AM +0800, adrian kok wrote:

> Can I avoid this warning message from vi?
> When I run "vi <in.txt"
> Vim: Warning: Input is not from a terminal

The man page for vi says:

   Vi is a screen oriented text editor.  Ex is a line-oriented text edi-
   tor.  Ex and vi are different interfaces to the same program, ...

VI is a VIsual editor.  If you have commands you'd like to execute on
stdin, try using ex.  If your stdin uses commands that exist in vim but
not in ex, I'd recommend rewriting your stdin....

--
  Paul Chvostek                                             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  it.canada                                            http://www.it.ca/