george donnelly wrote:
hi

I have a server on which i run MySQL and Zope. I start MySQL from
/usr/local/etc/rc.d and zope from cron with an @reboot. Zope has a module
with let's it interface with MySQL.

The problem is that everytime i reboot Zope says that its connection to
MySQL is broken because it can't find libmysqlcient. I restart zope and it
works fine, problem gone.

I'd like to make this problem go away. I suspect it has to do with the order
in which these apps start at boot time but I'm not sure. Can anyone suggest
what I can look at to solve this?

Perhaps create a script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d that starts both mysql and Zope, but in that order, and with a short sleep(1) between.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies