I originally had Apache 1.3.27 running OK with mod_php4. I decided to add SSL capability so uninstalled apache using "pkg_delete -f ". I then used "make install" in the ports tree to install apache+mod_ssl-1.3.27+2.8.14.

Everything seemed to go OK and my plain html files display correctly, both on "http" and "https". However when I point my browser at a .php page I get a text listing of the code and not the interpreted html page. I'm sure I've broken or misconfigured something and just need someone to point out my stupidity.

Please, what have I done wrong and how can I correct it?

TIA
Graeme