Bill Moran wrote:

redmyrlin wrote:

I originally had Apache 1.3.27 running OK with mod_php4. I decided to add SSL capability so uninstalled apache using "pkg_delete -f ". I then used "make install" in the ports tree to install apache+mod_ssl-1.3.27+2.8.14.

Everything seemed to go OK and my plain html files display correctly, both on "http" and "https". However when I point my browser at a .php page I get a text listing of the code and not the interpreted html page. I'm sure I've broken or misconfigured something and just need someone to point out my stupidity.

Please, what have I done wrong and how can I correct it?

The apache config file (in /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf) no longer
has the config information for php.
I prefer to hack the Makefile in the ports to refer to apache+modssl
instead of just apache, and then install php from ports (which modifies
the conf file for you), but you can also manually add the required
configuration information.  See the php docs if you want to do it that
way.

Thanks for the advice of where to look. I thought I'd manually added the php info into httpd.conf, but on re-inspection I had left out :
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
All's working right now! Thanks again