Hello,

From the id(1):

The historic groups(1) command is equivalent to ``id -Gn [user]''.

From the groups(1):

The groups utility has been obsoleted by the id(1) utility, and is equivalent to ``id -Gn [user]''.

martin% uname -a
FreeBSD martin.kleinerdrache.org 4.8-STABLE FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #3: Sun Jun 22 21:36:41 CEST 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/
usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL i386

So there is my output:

martin% id -Gn
martin wheel operator cvsuser littlehouse
martin% groups
martin wheel operator cvsuser littlehouse

seems to be aequivalent, but:

martin% id -Gn martin
martin wheel operator cvsuser littlehouse mounters

So, mounters is a new group which I created with root. When I do not log out as the user martin, I get this error.

The question is: Why this behaviour?

And: What can I do to make martin recognizing the new group without logging out (and in)?

Martin

--
If you've got an idea and need help,
or just need general encouragement,