It is possible.

I have 2 routers.  Each has 3 interfaces.

If :
I plug 2 interfaces on each to the other router,
the third interface on each is for the local subnet,
a route to the non-local subnet is added to each of the 2
interfaces on each router

Subnet A-A===B-Subnet B

Will the kernel load balance the traffic traveling between the 2
subnets over the 2 lines?

I have done some reading earlier about OSPF, and zebra, but it is
my understanding that the kernel needs to decide to load balance
when there are 2 routes of equal weight to the same subnet.

Thanks,
Derek