----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Bye" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "FreeBSD Questions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 8:29 AM

             ^

> > However when starting the program it dies with the following
message:

> > Is there something really easy I'm missing?  If it's complicated I'm
> > going to forget it as it's not that important.

> Yes - a `;' at the end of the line  ;-)

Thanks.  That removed the error but failed to change the process name.
I looked at the code a little more.  I'm not experienced in this but it
seems to me that the 'package miniserv;' line calls a precompiled
program?  Here's the beginning of the script:

#!/usr/bin/perl
# A very simple perl web server used by Webmin

$0='webmin';

# Require basic libraries
package miniserv;
use Socket;
use POSIX;

Then a little farther in the script, I see this code:

# Get miniserv's perl path and location
$miniserv_path = $0;
open(SOURCE, $miniserv_path);
<SOURCE> =~ /^#!(\S+)/; $perl_path = $1;
close(SOURCE);
@miniserv_argv = @ARGV;

So I suspect the process name gets set in this somewhere?

Thanks,

Drew