Buki wrote:
On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 10:17:34AM -0600, Scott Long wrote:

Buki wrote:

Hi,

The old 'Storage Manager' and 'raidutil' tools do not work with
the newer generation of Adaptec RAID cards.  The newer genreation
use 'Storage Manager Browser Edition' for the GUI and 'aaccli' for
the CLI.  I ported the aaccli program to FreeBSD a few years ago,
but it has fallen out of date and I don't recommend using it with
the 2120/2200 cards.  You can, however, extract the Linux version
of 'aaccli' from the CD that comes with the card and run it under
FreeBSD.  You'll need the normal linux compatibility tools, and
you'll need to either compile your kernel with AAC_COMPAT_LINUX
or load the 'aac_linux.ko' kernel module.

OK, I probably should mention I am using FreeBSD 4.8 in which I failed
to locate either aac_linux.ko or AAC_COMPAT_LINUX
OTOH, aac_linux.ko exist under FreeBSD 5.1, but I don't want to
use 5.x in production.
But thanks anyway :)

Scott

Buki

I apologize, the aac_linux.ko thing only exists in 5.x. However, the AAC_COMPAT_LINUX kernel option _does_ exist in all versions of FreeBSD after 4.1. I wrote the driver.

Scott